Sunday, February 20, 2011

Why I’m here and Why I’m Blogging

You may read this and think I was able to get better this quickly because I had everything available to me – doctors, a great family, good friends, etc.   Yes, I did have all this, I won’t lie, but what I had that I think is more important is the will to take advantage of what I have available to me and to get better as fast as possible.  We all go through life with a feeling of invulnerability; that nothing bad can happen to us.   We end up taking everything for granted, including what is most important to us.  But anything can happen, and things do happen.  I’m not the only example; a lot of people know what I’m talking about.  The only thing we can do about it is make the decision to recover from such a thing.  Yes it helps to have all the pieces in place to assist you, but they mean nothing without the will and determination to use them.  If you find yourself in a situation where things seem like they won’t get any better, please do not give up.  You can make them better, and I hope my story serves as an example.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liani,

    I'm so glad to hear that you're progressing well. While we were shocked to hear the news about your stroke--we weren't saddened, knowing full well that your stroke would be just that: yours. You would own it, manage it and, ultimately, fully recover from it.

    I'm heartened by your updates and eagerly await future posts. I wish you the best!

    -Wilson

    ReplyDelete